EVENING MEALS & ENTERTAINMENT
Red Deer is pleased to host nightly entertainment and meals for players and volunteers & their spouses at the Nationals this year. See links and information below for more. Our Beer Gardens will be open from 11:30 am to 8:30 pm. The beer gardens will also be the site for our nightly entertainment and meals. Click on the Bands for more information.
Tickets available through the Pickleball Brackets tournament website.
Tue August 10 Welcome BBQ 5:00-7:00 pm
- Meal: 6 oz. patty, bun, well dressed, 2 salads, desserts TBD
- Entertainment: Neil McNairnay
- Host: Nationals 2021 Local Organizing Committee
Free for all tournament participants WHO PRE-REGISTER
Wed August 11 (limit 300) 6:00 pm
- Meal: Beef on a bun, green salad, pasta salad, desserts TBD
- Entertainment: Oddibles
- Host: Pickleball Alberta
- Cost: $15.00 per person by pre-order
Thu August 12 (limit 300) 6:00 pm Bob Ronnie Catering
- Meal: Pulled Pork, Buns and condiments, Honey Garlic Meatballs, Caesar Salad, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Fresh Fruit, Assorted Squares.
- Entertainment: Tap 9
- Host: Officials
- Cost: $24 per person by pre-order
Fri August 13 (limit 300) 6:00 pm Bob Ronnie Catering
- Dinner Buffet: Chicken Divine, St. Louis Ribs, Caesar Salad, Macaroni Salad, Broccoli Salad, Baby Carrots, Kernel Corn, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Assorted Rolls, Black Forest Cake, Tropical Fresh Fruit Cake, Coffee, Tea, Punch.
- Entertainment: Dean Ray
- Host: Pickleball Canada
- Cost: $29.00 per person by pre-order
Sat August 14 (limit 300) 6:00 pm Bob Ronnie Catering
- BBQ Buffet: New York Strip Steak, Grilled Chicken Breast, Baked Beans, Sauteed Mushrooms, Baked Potato and Toppings, Caesar Salad, Oriental Salad, Greek Salad, Garlic Toast, Assorted Cheese Cake, Assorted Squares, Fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea, Punch
- Entertainment: Groove Ensemble
- Host: Local Organizing Committee in Celebration of the Volunteers for Nationals 2021
- Cost: $32
Our onsite food options will also include daily service food options for players and spectators.
- Food Vendor – Goatee and Badger open 7:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Food Vendor – Little Red Barn open 11:00 – 1:30 pm
- Ice Cream (Little Ice Cream Shoppe) booth open 11:30-4:30 pm
Heading to Nationals?
WANT TO TUNE-UP AND REFINE YOUR GAME?
If you’re heading to Red Deer and always wanted to attend a clinic with a Pickleball Pro, you’re in luck.
We are pleased to present CHARLES NEUFELDT & KARINA MICHAUD Pickleball Clinics before and after Nationals in Red Deer! See more information below as well as the links to sign up.
TOURNAMENT PREP WITH PICKLEBALL PROS
CHARLES NEUFELDT & KARINA MICHAUD Tournament Prep – 2021 Pickleball Nationals, Sign Up HERE
Join Charles Neufeldt & Karina Michaud in this 3-hour tournament prep session at the Canadian National Pickleball Championships.
Canadian Nationals Pickleball Clinic (Aug 16th-17th)
Join Charles Neufeldt & Karina Michaud in this two-day 6 Hour Clinic at the Canadian National Pickleball Championships. Sign Up Here
Red Deer Market Saturday mornings 8:00 am to 12:30 pm, 4725 43 Street, Red Deer
Gasoline Alley Farmers Market Friday, Saturday, Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, 558 Laura Avenue, Red Deer
Market Kitchen at the north end of Gasoline Alley Market. Fri-Sun 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Restaurants, Craft Breweries, Taprooms, and Coffee Roasters
Downtown Red Deer Market Little Gaetz Ave, downtown Red Deer every Wednesday outdoors, 3:30 pm-6:30 pm
Just in time for New Years, the new website has been launched with the Pickleball Canada Canadian Nationals section. The content will continue to be developed and refined right up to tournament time. Regional tournaments will be added at a later date.
VERNON, BC (June 5, 2020)
Pickleball Canada (PCO) is proud to announce the Red Deer Pickleball Club in Red Deer, Alberta, will be the host site for the 2021 Canadian National Pickleball Championship (Nationals). The dates of the championship are August 11-15, 2021.
The format of the Canadian National Pickleball Championship in 2021 will be an event open to all Canadian residents to crown the best-of-the-best players in Canada at all levels of play. The evolution of this event is that in time we will be able to select a National Team to represent our country at international events.
“The Red Deer Pickleball Club has been supportive of annual tournaments and provincial championships from the inception of the club to the present and we are appreciative of this committed and enduring relationship to the game,” said Richard Chambers, PCO President. “By holding a true national championship, we are providing additional opportunities for Canada’s best players to compete and crown a true Canadian champion.”
The Red Deer Pickleball Club has 20 permanent, outdoor, separately fenced courts, which were built in 2019. The venue features wind screens, virtually unlimited parking, permanent washrooms, and an area for an expo.
“The Red Deer Pickleball Club is honoured to be selected as the host site for the 2021 Canadian National Pickleball Championship,” said Gene Vollmin, Director of the Red Deer Competitions Committee. “We look forward to our partnership with PCO and the city of Red Deer in delivering a first-class national event. In Red Deer, our mission as a pickleball club is to grow our sport and host major competitions for all levels – men and women, professional and amateur, seniors and juniors. Hosting the 2021 Canadian National Pickleball Championship fits perfectly with our mission. We look forward to welcoming the best players from across Canada to compete at our dynamic new facility.”
With the 2021 Canadian National Pickleball Championship, Red Deer will become the first club to host a national championship in Alberta.